Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Match made in Heaven

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member Chubzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 18th, 2006
    Posts
    153
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Match made in Heaven

    What a beautiful couple, dont you think.
    img1243hj5th

  2. #2
    Inactive Member tweeder82's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 10th, 2004
    Posts
    130
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Match made in Heaven

    hahaha
    jim adams is a funny dude

  3. #3
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Match made in Heaven

    Jimbo: "I see that sign over there [Runner-up State Champs]. You know, I really don't appreciate that."

    Phil: "Heh heh, ah, it's just a little something our boys thought up to get under your skin .. your team, I mean."

    Jimbo: "Oh, so this is from your boys, eh?"

    Phil: "Sure is."

    Jimbo: *puts one hand on Phil's shoulder* "Your team, and your silly little sign? They're going down. You too. Get ready for Hell, Philly." *walks away*

    Phil: *eyes get big, turns back around and goes back to monitoring warm-ups*
    Officially retired

  4. #4
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Match made in Heaven

    I give Phil another year or two in the Gap.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member namaste1's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 18th, 2007
    Posts
    67
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Match made in Heaven

    Why do you think this?

  6. #6
    Inactive Member imported_bentley's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2007
    Posts
    81
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Match made in Heaven

    You know for a guy who is no so silent he seems to express his uninformed opinion on a regular basis. Coach Robbins will stay as long as he wants (Several State Championships assure that), but just because he loses to Norton he is ready to hang it up. This is America and everyone is certainly entitled to speculate, but too many people come on here acting like they got some personal insight into a situation (like Coaches decision to stay) and because they have posted a million times then it is taken as law or that they have some credibility due to their vast number of posts. Coach Robbins is a good coach, a @#$hole of a person, but a good coach. He stays at PV as long as he wants. Nuff said.
    Curious1

  7. #7
    Inactive Member imported_bentley's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2007
    Posts
    81
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Match made in Heaven

    Not so silent
    No attack on you personally, just wanted to state my opinion. I have read many of your posts and they are informative and entertaining. I guess I should have said that when it comes to being "not so silent' than maybe you (and all of us for that matter) should remain silent on a subject such as Coach Robbin's future at PV. In no way am I implying that you should not speculate towards coaches tenure at PV, but maybe we should reflect upon coaches achievements and his impact on the LPD before we start speculating about his departure. Personally, I think he has done a lot to raise the bar for LPD football. Just look at the way Norton measures their regular season success. I am not one of these guys who just attacks someone without knowing them so SORRY if my reply came off as a little short or as a shot against you. All I would like to say is LPD NOW and FOREVER. It will be a sad day when we can't enjoy Friday nights like this past one since consolidation is looming. Much love to all LPD schools, you guys play at another level just keep kicking the other district's a@# and we will always be the class of Region D and hopefully the state.
    Curious1

  8. #8
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Match made in Heaven

    Robbins is only interested in blowing smoke up his own ass. He is too secure and looks too uninterested.

    Not to say that he doesn't want to win, but I don't see him sticking around more than another 2-3 years.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member UK5's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 9th, 2004
    Posts
    205
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Match made in Heaven

    I personally think that Coach Robbins is staying around until Brad finishes up college, and he can help him out a couple years and then take over.............thats just my take on things, Brad may have better things in store, the way the kid plays baseball don't be surprised if he's playing beyond college!

  10. #10
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Match made in Heaven

    You may be right U5K. Now, I don't know too much about Brad's chances of furthering his baseball career. He's a good player, who may get drafted or sign as a free agent in the future, but unless he has some major improvements I don't see him being much more than an A ball player. If he got better coaching then, yes that may progress his opportunities.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •